• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I delete a digital signature field?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 on Snow Leopard. I created a digital signature for a PDF file but it didn't look good, so I decided to delete it. I figured out how to delete the signature, but the signature field with the little red arrow did not delete with my signature. I want my PDF form to revert to the way it was before I created the signature. I cannot simply close the PDF without saving because I'd lose all the information I've already entered. Stupid me forgot to save before attempting the digital signature.

HOW CAN I DELETE the digital signature field? Help!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, but I don't have the 'FORMS' option on my MAC using Adobe 11.06. When I click on 'Tools' all I get is >Export PDF >Create PDF >Send Files >Store Files. I cannot remove the signature fields, I am the signer. The reason for this issue in the first place is because there is no way to drag the signature to the right place nor to size it to the appropriate size, so I keep creating signature fields, signing then clearing the signature when it's floating off into the other text. Can't quite get it right and I've started all over several times deleting the document and entering all the info all over again. It's cumbersome to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say which of the many issues yours is the "same" as. But your problem seems unrelated: you are using Adobe Reader, not - as all the other people are using - Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the "Prepare Form" tool. Right click on the signature field and you will now have the option to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines