• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I disable an e-mail address that appears in my PDF?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an e-mail address in a PDF I created. Adobe has unhelpfully made it active (with mailto:) so that clicking on it opens an e-mail application. How do I disable that action? I need this to be dead text.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Under Preferences|General|Basic Tools I deselected "Create links from URLs"

Then I right-clicked the e-mail addresses in my document, which brought up a choice to delete the links, which I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it on your computer but not as a part of the file. This is a setting of the application, not the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Preferences|General|Basic Tools I deselected "Create links from URLs"

Then I right-clicked the e-mail addresses in my document, which brought up a choice to delete the links, which I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what I was referring to, but keep in mind it won't necessarily work that way for someone else if you send them the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this be done for the whole document?  I have email type documents which are full of private email addresses, I don't want to be opening the links and I don't want others to be able to either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add invisible characters inside the URLs.

I used to place a blank space on each side of the @ using an horizontal scale of 1%, so it cannot be detected as an URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines