• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I extract Arabic Text using Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to extract Arabic text from a pdf. I have attempted many things with no success including exporting to word format, simple copy and paste, installing the apparent font (AXtGIHane), scanning/ocr, etc... Nothing has worked.  I downloaded the trial version of Acrobat DC, and have attempted several things with it as well (installing fonts, exporting, editing, trying to use OCR), without success.  I can see that it has many features/settings so I may be missing something. I notice that when I look for Arabic among the language list, it is not present.  I would be happy to provide a the file I'm using, or a portion of it. Although I'm working with the Macintosh version, I also have Windows 10 available, if that would help.

Thanks for your help,

-Tony

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Hi Tony, We are sorry to say that, but you can't extract Arabic text using Acrobat. We don't have Arabic support yet. I am raising a feature request for you.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony, We are sorry to say that, but you can't extract Arabic text using Acrobat. We don't have Arabic support yet. I am raising a feature request for you.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my subscription to acrobat pro to be able to edit a text written in Arabic. I couldn't do it. When I exported the text to Word I got two three phrases in Arabic and the rest was a page with strange characters.

Why don't you have a version in that language?

and why Arabic is not supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly advise if there's any progress on this matter. I am using Acrobat Pro 9, is there any chance to install some Arabic text recognition plugin or so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are heading to 2021, and Adobe still does not support Arabic in OCR technology!
I expected this technology to be supported by a recent update.
I'm now unfortunately disappointed with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is probably international because from a financial perspective, it doesn't make any sense. They stand to gain a lot more subscribers if they had catered to the Arabic language users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we speak to an Adobe Acroba development team they don't say the delay in introducing the Arabic OCR feature is related to this or that, rather they say it is planned.

Sadly, Acrobat loses plenty of existing or potential customers due to this particluar feature, those postential custumers decide to go for alternatives such as Abbyy Reader which supports Arabic OCR for years although this product is in other ways is inferior to Acrobat Pro - in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about the typo. I meant INTENTIONAL...not International.

Its probably intentional because from a financial perspective, it doesn't make any sense. They stand to gain a lot more subscribers if they had catered to the Arabic language users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Arabic feature still not included in the list of text recognition. Can you add it. It's annoying not having it, when we copy and past arabic texts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is absolutely absurd that Acrobat doesn't have Arabic OCR capabilities. How hard can this be? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC supports Arabic within many feature but not all. What you requested ie. copy Arabic text from a PDF on to MS. Word or any other application will not work in Acrobat DC, it used to work in Acrobat X and prior such as 9, 8.

Similarly, exporting the content of your Arabic PDF to RTF or Word, will not be so successful either, however you may try it, the result will be between 0 – 10% success rate depending on how the PDF was created and which application generated it.

We have requested Adobe to look at these issues, and have been promised well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to find a link to download the Sakhr OCR software but found nothing on their website. Would you kindly advise how can we get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check your in-box I sent you a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Could you help me with this Sakhr OCR software as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your inbox!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Could you help me with this Sakhr OCR software as well?
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarification: What I've been posting to above individuals on their private inbox is the URL to Sakhr web page so they can go and purchase it. I cannot post the URL here as it is against forums policy. Please use Google to search for Sakhr OCR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know that as well. Thx a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want any way to use sakhr ocr on windows please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Could you help me with this Sakhr OCR software as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

Can anyone explain how to export in arabic??!!

This is so annoying, I'm progressing too slowly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to ask if there is any progress or news about supporting recognizing Arabic Text in Adobe Acrobat pro, or any Arabic OCR tool?, thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marhaba Yasser,

Adobe have Arabic OCR under review for the past few months. We don't know how long it will take to see Arabic supported.

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 11.15.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I understand that this post is for about a year ago. Are there any new updates on the matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat team have this feature as "Planned" now compared to "Under Review" last year.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 4.16.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines