• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fix my PDF so I don't get the error message: "expected an array object"?

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to delete certain pages from my PDF file (which is larger than 3,000 pages), I get an error message that states "expected an array object." I am unable to delete these pages. How can I fix this problem?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

It looks like the original PDF file is damaged in some ways.  Have you tried creating a new file from the existing file to see if it works? The quickest way to create a new file is to print the existing file to a PDF file.  OK you lose some quality but this is just a test to see if there is anything else wrong with the Acrobat setup or with the document itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the original PDF file is damaged in some ways.  Have you tried creating a new file from the existing file to see if it works? The quickest way to create a new file is to print the existing file to a PDF file.  OK you lose some quality but this is just a test to see if there is anything else wrong with the Acrobat setup or with the document itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same message when after combining several dozen fillable forms, then try and extract one or two pages (a double sided form).

Error code (15) that when I search the closest reference is (14).

I tried what you suggested.  The entire set printed into PDF without issue and I was able to extract the two pages (one form)

Thanks for the suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now solved

Please save as pdf file as word and then open word copy and save as word to pdf again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer to this here: https://answers.acrobatusers.com/expected-array-object-q33253.aspx

In File Explorer, right-click the PDF file you want to amend, then choose "Combine files in Acrobat..." then click "Combine Files" then re-save the file and delete the page(s) you want to delete. 

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BEST ANSWER!  THANK YOU JONATHANS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines