• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get a security password off my adobe so I can edit it or write on the document?

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sent a document to fill out, but it has a password that I must know in order to edit or write on the form. I called the person who sent the form to me, but they did not know the password. Can you give me more information on how to get pass this password or how to get the password? I want to do this in a legal manner. I love to type my documents not write them manually.

Sincerely,

Dr. Trueblood

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

If someone added a permissions password to a document that prohibits editing the file, they will need to provide it to you for you to unlock the file, or they can send you an unlocked version. We can't help you unlock the file without the password.

By the way, you posted your question in the non-technical Lounge forum, which is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support. I’ll move your question to the Acrobat forum in case you ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone added a permissions password to a document that prohibits editing the file, they will need to provide it to you for you to unlock the file, or they can send you an unlocked version. We can't help you unlock the file without the password.

By the way, you posted your question in the non-technical Lounge forum, which is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support. I’ll move your question to the Acrobat forum in case you have additional questions.

~Barb

P.S. For a list of all available product forums, see https://forums.adobe.com/welcome/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was able to edit the document earlier and not now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I did think of going to the original author and you confirmed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document is my mind. I was marking the document up and paused for a while. Now the went into a security mode and I do not know the password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I locate the password for the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You remember it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines