• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I get my "Add or Edit text box" (typewriter to pop up) in order to change font and font size?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the product Adobe Acrobat X Standard on my computer.  For the past month, when I've tried to click on "Add or edit text box," the option to change font or font size does not pop up when I request it to do so.  It will not pop up when I write click either.  I don't need any other updates and I tried "repair acrobat installation" (from the help tool) but nothing has changed.  I would prefer having my "typewriter tool" pop up, rather than add form fields and deal with those.  Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you,

T

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Ctrl+E.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I tried pressing Ctrl+E, and a properties box appeared which said no current selection.  I couldn't do anything with that.  I tried to go into properties.  Couldn't figure it out.  Still no working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teresar,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Are you still facing this issue? If yes, please try following troubleshooting steps:

1-  Reboot the machine if you haven't already and try again.

2-  If that doesn't work, check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

3- If issue still persists, launch Acrobat as an administrator ( for Windows OS only) - Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went to view > show/hide > tool bar items.  I started clicking around and it popped up.  When I closed the PDF the option stayed when I opened the next PDF>  I hope this helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines