• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get text to fit in box, like text wrapping? Im using Acrobat Pro DC.

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My text doesn't fit within the text box. How do I resize it to make it always fit? Is there an acrobat equivalent to the "text wrapping" button in excel?

I'm using acrobat pro dc on a MAC.

Thank you!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Go to Tools - Prepare Form, then right-click the field, select Properties and you'll see the Text Size option under the Appearance tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the font size to Auto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How? Can you please take me through this step by step?

I did not create this form. When I open it I use "edit PDF" but I'm not able to locate "Auto" on the fonts.

PLEASE EXPLAIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Tools - Prepare Form, then right-click the field, select Properties and you'll see the Text Size option under the Appearance tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Took me a few other videos/web resources to piece it all together.  I'm in adobe pro.  I click tools then the second vertical section  "forms and signatures"  has a prepare forms button.  This gets me on my fillable form created previously.  I can then right click the textbox, to select properties.  Where I can then apply the great suggestions to change the font size to auto on the appearance tab and allow multiple lines (remove scrolling long box) on the options tab.  Thank you all!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the prior comments answer the original question, in my opinion. My suggestion is make the vertical size of the text field bigger and check Multi-line checkbox on the Options tab of the Text Field Properties pop-up. What this does is wrap the text to another line if the data is so lengthy that it requires more than one line to fit in the width of the text field.

Sounded like this is what you asked. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines