• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get the standard Windows Save As dialog box back in Acrobat DC?

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Save As is clunky and takes way to many steps to do a simple Save As. Is there any way to get rid of it and use the standard Windows one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Edit->Preferences->General

Depending on what you want - turn off: Show online storage when opening files, Show online storage when saving files

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 on this, but for Mac in may case. The new Save As dialogue is, as you say, "clunky and takes way too many steps to do a simple Save As".

I wish software developers could stick to standards and not try to invent new stuff just for the sake of it. My workflow is significantly slower with DC than with previous versions, and that's not because I'm not used to the new looks and features. Please, Adobe, bring back the standard dialogue, or provide a way for us users to select which one we want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit->Preferences->General

Depending on what you want - turn off: Show online storage when opening files, Show online storage when saving files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks. Maybe that setting could get a more descriptive label, such as "Use standard Save As dialogue" or something. Whether the dialogue shows online stuff or not is, to me, a totally different issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it on to the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never thought that this is the point to deactivate. Please rename it. And make the normal Save as dialogue as standard. I NEVER save in the same folder, so I ALWAYS had to Change the folder. That was always one klick more … So happy to have this away now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH - this has been driving me BONKERS. Why on Earth do they have the new extra step? Terrible! Thank you for the fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Coincidentally stumbled over this thread, reason for my very late response)

SUPER!
Many many thanks indeed. I believe this should be set as default at least. So far I always needed to (frustratingly) click click click browse....to the right drive and folder sub folder., not being aware of this option.
At least now I am on the right drive and within the  right rootfolder. THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God, I hate how Adobe always tries to force us into their way of using someone else' operating system. These things always fail, and over the years, Acrobat is so hard to keep up with. Every new version looks so different from the previous one, and  yet there aren't any real changes to the core functionality that 99.99% of people use. Then they throw roadblocks at us for trying to do something as simple as saving a document.

And while I'm at it, they need to fix integration with SharePoint. Opening a file, making a change, then hitting "Save" should just save right back from where I opened the file. It shouldn't go to my desktop because that breaks SharePoint functionality. It's the biggest problem I deal with every day. We'd use adobe stuff more, not less, if they'd just allow that simple thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you - I've just been putting up with that thing for ages. Finally annoyed one too many times and glad there's something that works! Don't know why that is the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now what can I do for the issue that when I uncheck the "show online strorage when saving files" is unchecked but when closing the preferences window and going back into preferenecs the"show online storage when saving files" is once again automatically checked again.  It does not hold the preference setting for this parameter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may seem dumb, but on the General section of Preferences there is a scroll bar on the right side that is narrow and not typical visually of windows, plus the preferences window just barely went off the bottom of the screen as it popped up so it was not known that there was an "Ok" button at the bottom to accept the changes.  DOH!   The bad thing is that some apps don't require you to click "OK" to accept changes and they simply save them upon the checking/unchecking of options and since the OK was not visible I "assumed" it was an automatic save, but that's what happens when you assume....  All's now good, working as desired and now were 1 less step to Saving As without having to say where twice...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not working for me.  This changed today - did I click something to make this happen?  When I unclick the 2 boxes you mentioned, I still receive the same result.  Then I need to locate the new folder.  I would like it to open in my Quick list...so I can file in my  most recent file folders.  I really don't know how this changed.  Help Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You also need to scroll down and click "OK" to save the changes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines