• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a text clickable in form fields?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have created a PDF with form-fields for my customers to fill in.

When they are done and send the PDF back to me via e-mail I use my iPhone mailapp to open the document.

One field contains the customers phonenumber and that field I want to be clickable so I can either copy the number or call the number directly.

Is there an option for this I can add in Adobe Acrobat pro DC?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure it will work, but you can try setting the field as having Rich Text Formatting, and then adding a "tel:" link to the text, but a much easier way would be to simply copy the number and then paste it in the phone app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for feedback, I tried different ways based on your suggestion above but without any success, can you specify how to add a "tel:" link that you mentioned, so I didn't misunderstood?

Yes if I only would be able to copy the number from the form field that would be enough but the problem is I can't even select (or copy) the text in the form fields thats filled in by the customer.

The questions/text prewritten by me in the textboxes next to the form fields on the other hand is no problem to select and copy though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Link tool to draw the link rectangle. As the action select "Open a web page":

try67_0-1655547886019.png

As the target URL enter "tel:123456789" (without the quotes, also don't include any hyphens, parentheses, plus-symbols or anything like that, just the number):

try67_1-1655547913099.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, these instructions are for a link, not for a text field... In a text field (set as having RTF), select the phone number, then right-click it and select Hyperlink and add the same URL as specified above:

try67_0-1655549734546.png

The selected text will change to look like a link:

try67_1-1655549782124.png

Ctrl+Click on it to open the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably my explanation was a bit unclear because after reading your answer and suggestion above I'm not really sure you understood my problem right. Anyhow I still tried different methods based on your answers but like I suspectect none of them helped me out in the end.

Not sure you're still with me but here comes a second try to clarify my problem (with pictures):

When my customers fill in my PDF-form and send it back to me via e-mail I can't mark/copy their answers using my iPhone. I can only mark/select the prewritten text/questions in the PDF, see print screen below:

PDF skärmdump iPhone.png

When I'm opening the PDF-form on my computer on the other hand there is no problem to mark/copy their answers, see print screen below:

PDF skärmdump dator.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to click into the fields to be able to copy their values. And no, this is not at all what I thought you were asking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes when I open the PDF on my computer I can click on the fields, both my questionfields and my customers answerfields, and then copy the text (second picture above).

When I open the PDF on my iPhone I can click on my questionfields and copy the text but it doesn't work to click on the answerfields and copy the text (first picture above).

Therefore I have to wright down the customers phonenumber on a paper and then manually type in the number on my phone to call them. 

I guess other people probably have bigger problems than me, but this thing bother me every day and the fact it feels like a easy problem to fix and I spent so many hours trying to fix it, with no success, starts to drive me crazy...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works fine in Reader on an Android device. Maybe this is only an issue on iOS devices (it won't be the first one...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines