• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move text and form fields together?

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to move part of a fillable form to a different page. How do I move the text field and the forms together so I don't have to reposition everything again?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

Thanks for reaching out. As described above, you want to move the text and the form fields to a different page, correct

You can create copies of a form field on a single page of a PDF form. You can also copy a form field and paste it onto other pages. When you create duplicate form fields, replicas of the original field are added to one or more other pages. The duplicate fields are always in the same position on each page as the original. Both copies and duplicates can be dragged to different locations on a page, but not from one page to another.

Please refer to the help article -  https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-basics.html and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean you want to select both text and a form field (such as instructions and visible label plus the related form field), and move both to a new page... You can't do them together.

Shortcoming of Acrobat.

However, you can use a 2-step process to accomplish the task:

• Using Edit PDF tool, copy (or cut) the text and paste it on a new page.
  • In Prepare Forms mode, copy a form field and paste it on a new page.
|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I know this is an old question at this point, but I'm running into the same thing.  Is it still the case that text and form fields can't be moved simultaneously?  If so, this is a pretty major shortcoming as that was possible in LiveCycle...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Forms are not LiveCycle forms.

The 2 programs are barely related beyond the word "Adobe" in their parentage.

Do not assume that what you can do in LiveCycle is doable in Acrobat Forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I copy and paste the field to the next page, the data is lost when I export it again. Is anyone else running into this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sandra27031419gf7w, generally, when you're in forms design mode, the data isn't going to be retained when you copy/cut and paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines