• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move the quick actions toolbar in Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac OS 12.5. In past versions I could dock the Quick Actions Toolbar to the top of the window, but in this version of Acrobat, it hovers in the upper left, sometimes covering art that I need to see when zooming in. Is there a way to dock it so it isn't hovering, or at least temporarily hide it? The attached image shows how it is "floating" above the window. I need it to not float so it doesn't cover my PDF workspace. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 3.34.50 PM.png

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well. 

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as moving, hiding, or re-s

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I appreciate your advice and it worked.  I prefer the old version.  They should update the apps with new features, but leave the view alone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this ansewer as I have been trying to figure out how to make the toolbar go back to the right side of the screen like I've been accustomed too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU. All is right with the world again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no View > Disable New Acrobat in the new 2023 version.  The new positions of all toolbars are unusable for someone who is right-handed.  There is no Navigation Pane that I can find.  So how do you rotate, extract, etc.?  Click 5 times and it's buried under a nonintuitive section.  Does anyone know how to either (1) move the toolbars to where they work well for the user; or (2) go back to the previous version?  Also how do I get the ribbon back?  I've right-clicked on everything and there is no right menu.  This is the worst version I've ever used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is 'VIEW'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scott, 

you sir are a legend. 
sincerely,

anybody that has used and/or loved acrobat for at least the past 10 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking for a solution to the same complaint about he toolbar location.  I found this thread and thought I was going to be good to go but,  My version does not have a View tab that I can find to select Disable New Acrobat.  Can you please point me to the correct location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a tab, it's a menu option at the top of the application.  On the Mac version, the top will read "File  Edit View E-Sign Window Help".  Click on View to get a drop down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the view menu on non-Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please IGNORE - found it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all of you having the same issue I was, just go to your menu in Acrobat Pro and select "Disable new Acrobat" and it will revert to the last version and solve this issue until they fix it.  It appears to work on Mac and in Windows.  Acrobat Pro opens in the new version, but this method puts it back the way it was.  I hope this helps you all.  It did for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It was driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! That is a terrible design choice! The menu was blocking content on the pdf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this was helpful. I tried to give it a chance but the new version is not good, the toolbar covers area of design I need to see.  Can't believe the interface hasn't been worked out by now, and that this unmoveable toolbar was even approved to include.  The rest of the features are not in locations that make it seamless to use, too cumbersome now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why you tech people have to take a perfectly good product and mess it up and make it worse. If you want to add something fine, but don't make unnecessary changes, all it does is piss off your customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

This Quick action toolbar is added with Acrobat's new UI. There's no such setting to disable or Hide it. As a workaround, you can switch back to the earlier version. For that you can disable the new UI

Acrobat>View>Disable New Acrobat

You may also share your feedback about the same by filling out this feature request form: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately for me, reverting to the old design is an even bigger problem (see my thread here, which Adobe has ignored since initially trying--and failing--to help: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/unable-to-view-comments-or-unable-to-scroll-when-...). The floating toolbar is incredibly dumb--Adobe, there is a thing called USABILITY TESTING: try it--but not being able to see Comments in proofs brings the whole process of publishing to a complete halt. Adobe stands to lose hundreds of customers and a huge amount of money as those of us working in the publishing industry become increasingly frustrated. If you don't deliver waht your users need, some new company will come along and take your customers--remember QuarkXPress? Probaby not, because Adobe InDesign was vastly superior and destroyed Quark. The same thing is going to happen to Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking forward to a solution, as this toolbar blocks my view of information in some documents. In the meantime, I have reverted to old Acrobat, so I do not lose the top corner of my documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new look Acrobat has just rolled out over here (South East England UK) with this same problem! Good to see a thread with some solutions but honestly can't beloeve this wasn't picked up in beta. Annoying to have that floating sidebar blocking part of a pdf all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable New Experience.  WIN and MAC

mariahweyne_0-1687903555331.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a PC and having the same issue and can't find any guidance for it. The option to View >> Disable New Acrobat isn't present on my menu. The only thing I can do is zoom out...which then makes the document harder to read. Otherwise, the toolbar is covering a part of the document and I have no way to read it. I can't scroll around it. Fascinating that this wasn't caught in testing. For now, I guess I just have to wear the really strong glasses so I can read the zoomed-out page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have found a work around this painful toolbar. CTRL+H to get into Read Mode makes this toolbar disappear for the time being. Or under Menu>View>Read Mode.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good tip for just reading, thanks. It doesn't help when one is trying to mark up/comment on a manuscript, unfortunately. Unlike for others, reverting to the "old" Acrobat interface is even worse for me, becuase with the June update all comments are not visible at all. I mark up 100 or so articles a year at work, and I've wasted so much time in the last 5 weeks trying to find solutions, get help from Adobe, and plead with my IT department to assist (they are also getting stonewalled by Adobe). Even trying to install an older version of Acrobat Pro is proving difficult, because Adobe doesn't want you to do that. This is true for other Adobe programs, too (see some workarounds here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/why-can-t-i-download-an-older-version...). This debacle is having a negative impact on two of the six journals my company publishes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the problems I've been having spread to other users in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for asking this question. I just spent half an hour trying to figure out how to get rid of the dang thing - it covers the PDF. Who thinks it's a great idea to add a tool that makes reading a document impossible? Sheesh! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activating read mode also removes the quick toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines