• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i purchase Acrobat application without a subscription?

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to make a one time purchase and not a subscription.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

The replies above are incorrect. Acrobat is still offered as a perpetual license, paid for only once, and not just as a subscription.

Adobe does its best to hide this option, though... Here's how you can get it:

Go to the Adobe Products Page (https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software.html) and search for "Acrobat".

Click on the Buy button next to Acrobat Pro 2017, and then change the "I want to buy" option to "Full License" (or "License Upgrade" if you have a qualifying earlier version).

Then

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only available by subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't.  Acrobat and Creative Cloud products are all sold by subscription now.  

Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't correct. Adobe acrobat can be purchased outright. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The replies above are incorrect. Acrobat is still offered as a perpetual license, paid for only once, and not just as a subscription.

Adobe does its best to hide this option, though... Here's how you can get it:

Go to the Adobe Products Page (https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/software.html) and search for "Acrobat".

Click on the Buy button next to Acrobat Pro 2017, and then change the "I want to buy" option to "Full License" (or "License Upgrade" if you have a qualifying earlier version).

Then select the other options and click on Add To Cart, and proceed to checkout. You'll get a full license, not a time-based subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir, are a true hero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But don't expect it to keep working through future system changes that both Apple and Microsoft are planning... a subscription may well work out cheaper in the end...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears this no longer works. Is there a new work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me. The only change from when I posted those instructions is that the current version is called "Acrobat Pro 2020".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it! Is it possible to transfer this to a new computer when my current one inevitably kicks the bucket? Considering the price of this software, I'd want to make sure I can use it for long enough to make the license worth it. (laptop is likely to need to be upgraded in the next year or two)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, although it's better if you deactivate it first from the old computer before moving it to a new one, as the number of activations is limited to two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THIS WORKED!! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its download only adobe cloud .

[Spam link removed. -Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one time purchase is $450 wtf...that's way too much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So get a subscription...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long are you wantng to use it for?. Renting monthly maybe cheaper if you are only using a for a short time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$450 seems fair (compared to subscription cost). It's what, $15 a month to subscribe? So that's 30 months / 2 and a half years rental to get it outright. Did you really expect it get it for less than that? You are gambling that after 2 and a half years, systems will still support what you buy. Adobe are gambling that they won't! Mac users have recently lost this gamble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you find this????!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempt to pay is blocked by Adobe site. Evil Spirit continues to block non-subscription purchases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This trick is not working anymore, unfortunately. They seem to eliminate ownership completely. Want to be fed monthly. Really disgusting. Time do make my own PDF editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution I described above (marked as the correct answer) seems to still work fine when I try it. What happened when you tried it, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@borgold 

You are still able to buy a perpetual license to Acrobat 2020. Go to https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog.html?types=pf_252Fdesktop&types=pf_252Fmobile&types=pf_252Fwe... and then click on the either the box that reads Acrobat Pro 2020 or the box that reads Acrobat Standard 2020 (Windows only for Standard). That will take you to the appropriate screen for purchasing a license.

To be very clear, you purchase a license to use the software; you are not purchasing ownership of the software. 

Please understand that the “perpetual licenses” allow you to use the software on the computer platform (including operating system version and hardware) that was available at the time you purchase the perpetual license. Such software does not provide free upgrades to accommodate issues that occur due to Microsoft or Apple making incompatible changes to the operating system or adding options for incompatible hardware after the application version is no longer current.

There is nothing “evil” or “disgusting” about a subscription model. There are some major advantages to this for our many of our customers including the fact that the software continues to be updated to acccommodate new operating system versions (especially under MacOS), new hardware (like those very high resolution and large monitors), interoperability with other software (such as Microsoft Office). The software is also supported as long as you have a current subscription with new features and fixes.

You do have a choice of the perpetual license (Acrobat 2020) or a subscription (Acrobat Pro DC or Acrobat Standard DC). However, if you choose the perpetual license, don't expect the benefits of the subscription.

And finally, feel free to make your own PDF editor! I don't think that you will find that particularly cost effective. 😉

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dov,

Thanks for the info. This all makes sense to me. Would a perpetual license work for very basic (or atleast I think basic) functions despite future OS updates?

1) Password protecting PDFs?

2) Rotating and saving correct orientation.

3) Deleting text and saving it. Honestly I could do without this by just bolding thru it Fill&Sign lines.

That's pretty much the extent I want to use it for. 

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't find this option anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines