How do I save data into a fillable form?

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I couldn't find an exact answer to this. Is there a way to make filled data un-editable without signing. I have a data collection form that doesn't really need to be signed. Part of the form is completed by a given client, and our company completes data that we assign (account numbers, etc). Is there a way to "lock" their data into the form once they save and email it? Second question. One of our forms is used to collect client-supplied data for a quote. Is there a way to have a client complete the data that is pertinent to them and save/lock the data, have us respond with a quote, and have the client approve the give quote? Thanks, Glen Lakeside Taxi

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Depends on how secure you want it to be. If it's necessary that the data can't be edited under any circumstances (or at least that it would be possible to prove if it did), a signature is the only way. Otherwise you can flatten the file and/or secure it to achieve a similar result.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2. Again, the best way is with a signature, which can be set to lock only some fields.

Alternatively, you can use a script to set some fields as read-only when a button is clicked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines