• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW DO I STOP THE WINDOW FROM RESIZING EVERY TIME A PDF IS OPENED

Contributor ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW DO I STOP THE WINDOW FROM RESIZING EVERY TIME A PDF IS OPENED FOR MAC ACROBAT PRO DC

TOPICS
Cancel subscription , Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , JavaScript , PDF forms , Print and prepress , Rich media and 3D , Scan documents and OCR , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Accessibility > Overrride Page Display. Set the "Always Use Zoom Setting" to what you desire them to open to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but that will still cause the window to be resized if it isn't large enough to display a document at the zoom setting that I select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also want to unchcek "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" in Preferences > Documents >.  Other than that, I don't know of any way to change the applications window size.

However, If this is for a specific document, then you should set your Initial View settings within the Document Properties of that file... in particular, set the Zoom size you want, but uncheck Resize Window to Initial View.

These attributes only affect viewing in Acrobat, of course, and may not have any bearing on 3rd party viewers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I will give that a try.

Unfortunately, this is regarding thousands of docs, mostly computer generated, and I have no control over the settings under which they are generated so I will frequently get one that is in eleventy billion DPI with a printable size of 6 feet by 8 feet—that's an extreme case, but lots of other scenarios where weird document sizes will mess with a window that I generally need to stay in the same place at the same size AT ALL TIMES...

Compound that with the fact that Adobe apparently needs a bitcoin farming rig to actually resize a window in real time, and it's a supreme headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No dice on unchecking "restore last view settings".

Miserable usability issues caused by this completely unwanted and pointless behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking for help on this one.  Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe we are having the same issue? PDFs will randomly open and move the entire window and change the size. Even if I have PDF files already open. It is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines