• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I turn off help pop-up bubbles in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's staff was not able to help with this problem, so I hope the community has an answer. While I am working in Acrobat, it will, from time-to-time, pop-up a blue help bubble with a flashing blue star. No work can be done in Acrobat until I go over to the pop-up and click 'X'. This is very interupting to the thought process, interferes with productivity and reduces work efficiency. I am hoping the community knows how to turn that function off or else pressure Adobe into creating an option to turn it off. Adobe staff seems to think I have a corrupt installation. However, it looks like a programming design not a corruption. I am including a screenshot of one of the disruptive pop-ups. I can send more pop-up examples if need be. It runs the entire gamut of the toolbar.

I thank you in advance for your advice and assistance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Hi! Thank you for responding. Your solution was close, but helped push me in the right direction.

Your suggestion afects files starred as 'Favorites', which is not the same as the blue blinking star that accompanies the blue help bubble pop-up.

I spent time checking/unchecking various options until the problem ceased. This is the solution.

"Edit--->>>Preferences--->>>General--->>>uncheck "Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat".

Searching Google for Acrobat "Show me messages when I launch A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that you should be able to get rid of this if you right-click on that toolbar --->>> select "Show File Tools" from the context menu that will pop up--->>>then  uncheck from the next context "Add Files to Starred Files"

You can also try and see here: Edit--->>>Preferences--->>> "Basic Tools" section --->>> uncheck "View starred files in Recent tab"

If none of this work maybe a registry (MS Windows)  Preference (or Plist if on macOS) needs to be disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for responding. Your solution was close, but helped push me in the right direction.

Your suggestion afects files starred as 'Favorites', which is not the same as the blue blinking star that accompanies the blue help bubble pop-up.

I spent time checking/unchecking various options until the problem ceased. This is the solution.

"Edit--->>>Preferences--->>>General--->>>uncheck "Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat".

Searching Google for Acrobat "Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat" also finally got me to a bunch of people on different forums who were experiencing the same problem (including on Adobe forums!) The solution offered in those forums is the same as I wasted several hours figuring out. Why doesn't Adobe's help staff know this about their own product?

Laymen describe them as 'blue help pop-up bubbles' or similar. Adobe calls them 'Contextual Tips'. Thus, unless you know Adobe's jargon, their support staff cannot help you. No one could tell me that the pop-ups are called 'Contextual Tips' and no type of common sense or logic would lead me to search under that term.

I am glad I found the solution in "Preferences". Adobe's support staff wanted me to uninstall and reinstall ALL of my Adobe products. They have scheduled their 'higher tech team', as they call it, to call me during the week to work through a solution. LOL. Crazy, right? This for an option that easily turns off in preferences but simply lacks a common sense label/name to find it under.

Here is one of the Adobe Support Community's forum inquiries on the matter that is marked: Solved. https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/can-i-stop-blue-popup-quot-tips-quot-appearing/td-p/10856154?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. I just had to reinstall Acrobat because of another of its quirks and those blue things started popping up all over the place. I would never have thought that 'Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat' had anything to do with it. I had already looked under preferences searhing for something like 'Display in-app tips' but couldn't see anything. And why are preferences under 'Edit' anyway?

Sorry - I'm having an anti-Adobe day today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  I keep unchecking the box for "Edit--->>>Preferences--->>>General--->>>uncheck "Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat" and click on OK however the blue box continues to pop up.  I've repeated this several times and the box is still checked when I reopen the Edit > Preferences > General.  It isn't saving my changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kimberly Mynatt ,

Are you on Microsoft Windows or macOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10

Kim Mynatt
Compliance Audit/Operations Special Projects

* 500 Alcoa Trail, Maryville, TN 37802
* Monday - Friday 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. (ET)
* W: 865-380-3000, Ext. 5680 or C: 865-385-5463
I work remotely, best to reach me on Microsoft Teams or Zoom

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and the accompanying documents contain information that belongs to the sender and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, or taking action in reliance on the content of this communication. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original transmission. Thank you.

To view our privacy policies, please visit https://www.claytonhomes.com/privacy/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10

Kim Mynatt
Compliance Audit/Operations Special Projects

* 500 Alcoa Trail, Maryville, TN 37802
* Monday - Friday 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. (ET)
* W: 865-380-3000, Ext. 5680 or C: 865-385-5463
I work remotely, best to reach me on Microsoft Teams or Zoom

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and the accompanying documents contain information that belongs to the sender and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, or taking action in reliance on the content of this communication. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original transmission. Thank you.

To view our privacy policies, please visit https://www.claytonhomes.com/privacy/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the "Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat" check box disabled and still get these little blue helper tool-tips. They typically appear after any kind of feature introduction or update - so a pretty consistent annoyance of the application.

I'll get to the quick answer: There is no way to disable them across the board. You will be forced to click the small "x" on every single one of them. There is no other solution at present.

You'll find that these forums are filled with similar requests for how to disable Acrobat's "Tool-tips" features, people hate them because they just get in the way.

I can also let you know that there are a lot of people and threads on these forums who claim to have a solution: they don't.

Sorry that there isn't a better way to resolve this. Adobe don't really seem interested in making Acrobat not hot garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I have turned the check box off in the Preferences and still the blue pop-ups must be dealt with every time I open a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have the same continuing problem. The preferences option is unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem on Win10.  can confirm Dandreti's statement that unchecking the "Show me messages..." does not fix the issue. 
It's rather infuriating that no work can be done until this pop-up is dismissed.  Yay monoplies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting these "get started popups" upon opening every PDF!. This renders Acrobat unusable as a PDF viewer and so it is no longer my default viewer, which is pretty sad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot live with this issue any longer and I am actively seeking an alternative to Acrobat Pro DC. It's very PATHETIC that Adobe can't manage to fix this super annoying issue that makes a very expensive and necessary program essentially UNUSABLE. Nothing that Adobe does regarding its design and User Interfacing follows common logic, but this crap takes the cake. I've spent HOURS on the phone with tech support (with people I could barely understand because theri Indian accent is so thick) and still NO SOLUTION. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem also. It is incredibly annoying and disruptive. The "new" Abobe is as infuriating and difficult to use as the previous version, just in different ways.  I am using Mac with macOS Monterey.  I tried following some of the suggestions from other users by going into Edit but I couldn't see either next step - Basic Tools or Preferences, so I am still stuck with this very poor design feature. Boo Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

MacOS 14.1.1 and Acrobat Pro Continuous Release.

All "help" should be able to be turned on or off. I have turned everything off but I continue to get help messages, this time when Acrobat was 'quit,' I double-clicked PDF, Acrobat first told me how to use the Star "favorite" feature, then it gave me a "What's New" window with "Try now" and "Learn more" options.

I want all of these interruptions OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe comment in this community? Its quite frustrating as I can see many people are facing the same issue, we uncheck the box yet we still get messages and popups! Adobe please fix that? Any body know if this behavior can be turned off in the registry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, they do.

Let me see if I can tag the correct Adobe rep  for this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dario30031985xi44  Try this guidance:

NOTE:

Not everyone is having this issue. In which case, manual tweaking may be required on your end rather than a fix.

There are two solutions offered in the discussion that I linked for you above (one from Adobe, the other solution from a member of the Acrobat community).

Let us know if this helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Solved" link, above, refers to a Windows Enterprise environment. It offered another link to https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/FeatureLockDown.html that had some instruction for Macintosh including some explanation about Hungarian translations. I haven't seen any of these features in my Macintosh Adobe Acrobat and I saw no user-friendly instruction on how to implement any of it. The link above appears to be for administrators who handle Adobe requests as part of their job.

So, if the solution is in fact posted above, I can't figure it out. It doesn't appear to me that any solution for this issue is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines