Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How do I turn off help pop-up bubbles in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's staff was not able to help with this problem, so I hope the community has an answer. While I am working in Acrobat, it will, from time-to-time, pop-up a blue help bubble with a flashing blue star. No work can be done in Acrobat until I go over to the pop-up and click 'X'. This is very interupting to the thought process, interferes with productivity and reduces work efficiency. I am hoping the community knows how to turn that function off or else pressure Adobe into creating an option to turn it off. Adobe staff seems to think I have a corrupt installation. However, it looks like a programming design not a corruption. I am including a screenshot of one of the disruptive pop-ups. I can send more pop-up examples if need be. It runs the entire gamut of the toolbar.

I thank you in advance for your advice and assistance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020
Hi! Thank you for responding. Your solution was close, but helped push me in the right direction. Your suggestion afects files starred as 'Favorites', which is not the same as the blue blinking star that accompanies the blue help bubble pop-up. I spent time checking/unchecking various options until the problem ceased. This is the solution."Edit--->>>Preferences--->>>General--->>>uncheck "Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat". Searching Google for Acrobat "Show me messages when I launch A...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that you should be able to get rid of this if you right-click on that toolbar --->>> select "Show File Tools" from the context menu that will pop up--->>>then  uncheck from the next context "Add Files to Starred Files"

You can also try and see here: Edit--->>>Preferences--->>> "Basic Tools" section --->>> uncheck "View starred files in Recent tab"

If none of this work maybe a registry (MS Windows)  Preference (or Plist if on macOS) needs to be disabled.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for responding. Your solution was close, but helped push me in the right direction.

Your suggestion afects files starred as 'Favorites', which is not the same as the blue blinking star that accompanies the blue help bubble pop-up.

I spent time checking/unchecking various options until the problem ceased. This is the solution.

"Edit--->>>Preferences--->>>General--->>>uncheck "Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat".

Searching Google for Acrobat "Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat" also finally got me to a bunch of people on different forums who were experiencing the same problem (including on Adobe forums!) The solution offered in those forums is the same as I wasted several hours figuring out. Why doesn't Adobe's help staff know this about their own product?

Laymen describe them as 'blue help pop-up bubbles' or similar. Adobe calls them 'Contextual Tips'. Thus, unless you know Adobe's jargon, their support staff cannot help you. No one could tell me that the pop-ups are called 'Contextual Tips' and no type of common sense or logic would lead me to search under that term.

I am glad I found the solution in "Preferences". Adobe's support staff wanted me to uninstall and reinstall ALL of my Adobe products. They have scheduled their 'higher tech team', as they call it, to call me during the week to work through a solution. LOL. Crazy, right? This for an option that easily turns off in preferences but simply lacks a common sense label/name to find it under.

Here is one of the Adobe Support Community's forum inquiries on the matter that is marked: Solved. https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/can-i-stop-blue-popup-quot-tips-quot-appearing/td-p/10856154?...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this. I just had to reinstall Acrobat because of another of its quirks and those blue things started popping up all over the place. I would never have thought that 'Show me messages when I launch Adobe Acrobat' had anything to do with it. I had already looked under preferences searhing for something like 'Display in-app tips' but couldn't see anything. And why are preferences under 'Edit' anyway?

Sorry - I'm having an anti-Adobe day today...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines