• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I vertically align text in a text field in Acrobat Pro DC?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am creating an editable printable recipe divider. On that divider, I've got a text field. I put text in it in the Oswald font and size 60, all is good. Selected multi-line. That works. But I need the text to be vertically aligned middle (got it horizontally aligned center, so that's good). That way, if the text is only one line, it'll be vertically centered middle; if two, still vertically centered middle. How do I get it to do this? I am currently using the trial version on a Windows computer if that helps. Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

You have to set up the field to allow rich text formatting. After you enter the text, you can select it and display the Properties toolbar (Ctrl+E), which will have a More button, which will lead to a window with a Paragraph tab, which will include a vertical alignment button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to set up the field to allow rich text formatting. After you enter the text, you can select it and display the Properties toolbar (Ctrl+E), which will have a More button, which will lead to a window with a Paragraph tab, which will include a vertical alignment button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much fot your answer! As I see it is the only one solution for such a simple task. I'm so surprised that Adobe Acrobat still miss this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have been frustrated by this for years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although a solution has been provided for you, the fact is that Acrobat is absolutely not a layout program or word processor. The text features within Acrobat are primarily for after-the-fact text touch-up / edit. For what you are attempting, Adobe InDesign or Adobe Illustrator or even Microsoft Word would be a much better solution. And from each of those programs you can save/export PDF.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is wrong.  All you need to do is change the field to NOT multi-line.  It will then vertically center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. Thanks for the simple solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only for single-line content. The moment you select 'multi-line', it aligns top. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer wasn't wrong but perfect but just for another issue still related to vertical alignment. I needed vertical top alignment not centered vertical alignment and I was stuck until I got that answer. Actually, the only one I found about this issue when googling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having a vertical text alignment issue. I need the field to hold a bottom alginment. When using the CTRL E solution, that bottom alignment resets when the text is removed. Is there a way to fix this and hold that alignment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that alignment is set to centered and some Text fields do as such while others don't annoys me to hell and back. Did I mention that while making forms in Adobe Acrobat I would get font corruption? What the hell Adobe, I am one nervous breakdown away from cancelling all and everything Adobe related I swear. How does it end up having jitters and stutters and frame drops on a 4000$ iMac Pro when I move a text field? Phew, had to say, I have no fix for when text fields decide not to center other than literally re-adding them and hoping they keep the set propperty accordingly.  Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 15.38.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should mention that sometimes, I can get text centered by literally setting font size. Sometimes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 15.50.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines