Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How do you DISABLE the auto-selection of the EDIT TEXT & IMAGES tool in PREPARE FORM mode

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent version of Adobe Pro, when I am working on creating forms, if I accidently click on something other then a form field it puts me into EDIT TEXT & IMAGES mode - which is making it so much harder to work on forms. I'm constantly having to click the SELECTION cursor to go back to PREPARE FORM mode. If I am in PREPARE FORM mode I would love to just work on forms not editing the text on the page. Can I disable this feature somewhere? Very frustating! See example below.

PDF.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

You can use the below registry details to disable this dynamic switching between text and form fields based on user click.

In case, you face any issues in setting the registry, refer https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/new-feature-unified-edit-text-and-form-fields/m-p/10684483?pa...

Please let us know if you still face issues even after setting the registry.

Registry details :

• Win name: ADC4275035_ClickEdit
  • Mac name: ADC4275035_ClickEdit
  • Data type: Win DWORD, MAC Boolean
  • Win HKCU path: NA
  • Mac User path : N/A
  • HKLM path:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureState
  • Mac lock file/path: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/DC/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.FeatureState.plist
  • Default: ON
  • Possible values: 0 to disable and 1 to enable
  • Product version introduced? Oct 2019
  • Applies to both Acrobat and Reader? Only Acrobat
  • Tracks: Cont
  • GUI: (any UI in product?): No

Thanks,

Gaurav

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe are going to add this as a settable preference, and not send people to the Registry to disable this "feature".

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I'm a full-time form designer, I would love for this to be a setting. There's really no reason that form and content editing should be combined... 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable this in the preferences of Adobe Acrobat DC.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, and can you please share where exactly in preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bild1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome in Acrobat's UI wonderland!

😉

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines