• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you keep embedded documents during conversion from Word 2007 to PDF?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7, with all available patches.

Word 2007, with all available patches.

Acrobat reader 9.3.2

I have additional documents, spreadsheets etc embedded into a Microsoft Office Word document. When this document is converted to the PDF (using the Word PDF add-in interface) the embedded objects can no longer be opened and only appear as images. 

Is there a way to retain the embedded document during the conversion so that they can be opened from within the resulting PDF?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You identify Adobe Reader as an installed application. However, it can not create output PDF; it is a PDF "viewer".

If you have Acrobat X installed you will have the PDFMaker available via the Word ribbon.

If you are using MS Word's Save As > PDF then the process of PDF creation is Microsoft's and questions about it are better resolved at one of the MS forums.

Be well...

Message was edited by: CtDave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for your repsonse, it's much appreciated

I don't have Acrobat X installed at this time so am not able to create or edit PDFs (other than from Word).  I understand that creating a PDF from Word may not be an Acobat issue per se, but thought that someone on this forum may have experienced a similar problem, hence thought I'd try my luck here

I will do as you suggest and try an MS forum

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embedded objects are not able to be converted into usable converted object in the pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

Many thanks for the reply- in that case I''ll stop looking for a solution and start looking for an alternative instead.  Do you klnow if I could embed documents in a PDF using Acrobat X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X Pro would let you assemble a Portfolio.

Basically, you'd have a PDF with attached files. IMO, cleanest if all these were PDF.

The Flash based  UI presents well.

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great, I'll look at getting Acrobat X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fwiw, you can download a free trial for Acrobat X.

There are informative video tutorials at Adobe TV — http://tv.adobe.com/search/?q=acrobat+portfolios

and in the Acrobat User Community Learning Center — http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/filter/search&category=14&channel=tutorials/

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was also facing this problem, I want to convert ms word files embedded with objects such as PDF, JPG images & even other ms word files to PDF formats. I tried a lot to solve this issue. I found one solution to convert embedded ms word documents into pdf with protecting all embedded objects. Do use PDFchef. However there is no consistency in functionality, if you have small numbers of embedded objects in ms word, it will work. but for big files & large numbers of embedded objects in files, make errors in conversion with this application. I request if anybody finds a solution to this issue, pl share it with the community.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The PDFChef does not work for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines