How do you lock a field in a fillable pdf

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a form that we need updated once a calendar year.  We have been using fillable pdfs but notice people are reusing the form by changing the date only even though we need fresh information every year.  My question:  "Is there anyway to lock the date field so once completed, it cannot be revised/edited"?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set it to read only in field properties 'General' tab. But anyone with acrobat pro can just uncheck it (but not with reader, I believe). You can use script to keep it read only, it would be a little more difficult to bypass it if they don't know how to delete script from the file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there other fields in the file? If not, you can flatten it.

Otherwise, just add it as static text. I would be much easier to do and much more difficult to change without having access to Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines