• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you remove a stamp from a pdf

Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I need to know is how to remove a stamp from a pdf after the pdf is saved, closed and reopened. Please understand that I am not asking how to delete a stamp from a list of available stamps.

I know that I can "undo create stamp" from the edit menu immediately after placing a stamp on a pdf, but that option is not available after the document is saved, closed and reopened.

It seems odd that removing a watermark is so simple while finding the means to remove a stamp is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Click it with the mouse and press Delete...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click it with the mouse and press Delete...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that doesn't work then it's probably locked. Right-click it, select Properties and un-tick the Locked checkbox, and then try again to delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to post such a simple thing. My problem was that there was a transparent. read only text field covering the stamp, so when I tried to click on the stamp, it appeared that I had no access to it.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this with a dynamic stamp that I had put the incorrect date into. It deletes the stamp but then even if you save the pdf without the stamp present and select that type of dynamic stamp again to enter a correct date it just populates with the stamp and the date that i had just deleted. Like it is remembering it from somewhere stored in the pdf file even though you have deleted it. it is very annoying because then i have to go find the original file all over again and start from scratch and then it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the stamp saves some data into the file and then reads it when you re-apply it... Without seeing the code of the stamp file it's very hard to say for sure, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to share if i knew where to look! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Mojave 10.14.6 on my iMac and macOS Catalina 10.15.4 on my Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can share a file with Tools > Share

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines