• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you remove inactive Adobe Tab & buttons from Microsoft Word?

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I installed the Adobe suite on my Mac (10.15.7) and I've tried uninstalling Adobe as well as running the Adobe Cleaner tool. Despite removing Adobe from my system, the buttons are still on my ribbon and there's no option in the Ribbon settings for removing them. How can I fully remove Adobe from my system?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cleaner will remove Acrobat from your system, what you are seeing is something that is stored in Microsoft's applications, and therefore probably something that the Cleaner could not remove. See if this helps: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/remove-adobe-acrobat-ribbon-from-microsoft-wo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app does the ribbon belong to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I see it was Word. Maybe Word was running when you uninstalled? Did you reboot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines