• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add an Image field to a PDF that can be programmatically be populated?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat DC 21.0, how does one go about adding an Image into a PDF form that I can populate programatically?

I have text fields that I can do this with no problem. I'm using coldfusion's cfpdfform tag to populate data. When building the form, I add the Image to the document, give it a variable name, etc, but when trying to populate it from coldfusion with base64 image data, nothing happens.

Is there a property I am not setting or a different control I should be using?

Whats the correct way to do this?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Adobe LiveCycle do this previously but I've run into the same issue mentioned here when converting Adobe Acrobat.  The data is there when I dump all the variable values and write the image to the browser but the image will not display in the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marcus29231603k9wr,

I am also trying to do this at the moment. Did you ever discover a solution?

Best regards

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up writing a a java class using apache pdfbox and calling it within CF. Works like a champ, but I need to eventually get around to rewriting it for the recent release of pdfbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines