Exit

How to batch change binding, initial view

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.

I would like to batch change multiple pdfs so the Binding variable (Properties>Advanced>Reading Options) will be set to "Right Edge", and the Page Layout variable (Properties>Initial View>Layout and Magnification) will be set to "Two-Up (Cover Page)". Doing it manually, one file after another, seems to me the less intelligent way to do it. How can I automate the process?

I have tried creating an Action, but have found no way of accessing these specific document properties through the available tools.

Tnx,

OA

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Page Layout option can be set using the Set Open Options command.

I don't think the Binding option can be set directly. Maybe with a Preflight Profile...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Tnx for the response. The Set Open option does do the trick for the initial view, but for the binding direction it seems that there is no Action solution...

Best,

Or

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow. You just saved me a LOT of time with this! THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines