• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to calculate one field by another to show total in a separate field, and sum in a separate filed

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 5x6 table. the first row consists of titles (can not be edited) and rows 2-5 are blank and can be edited.  Row1 Column1 is titled Quantity, Row3 Column3 is titled Unit Price, and Row5 Column5 is titled Estimated Amount. When editing the prepared form, each column, (1, 3, and 5) are nemed Quantity Row1, Unit PriceRow1, and Estimated AmountRow1.  I need column 5 to multiply column 1 by column 3.  I.E If I put the number 3 in column 1 and a dollar amount in column 3, i need column 5 to calculate 3 x the dollar amount and display the tot\al amount in column 5.  Additionally, I have a seperate Estimated Total field that I need to sum Column5 Row1, Column5 Row2, Column5 Row3, Column5 Row 4, and Column 5 Row5. How do I do all of this? Thank you for your help, truly appreciated.    

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select 'Prepare form' tool → right click on 'Estimated Amount' field and select 'Properties' now click on 'Calculate' tab → select 'Value is the' and where it says 'Sum (+)' change it to 'product (x)', now click on 'pick' and select Quantity and Price field for that row. Repeat above for other rows. For 'Estimated Total' field, repeat as above but leave as Sum(+) and pick other Estimated fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines