• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change lpi settings in PDF from 85 to 150

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think anyone can help me but I wanted to try.

I don't know why but, when I go in advanced settings in PDF when I want to print the file. 

It says ink management and it says Proces Cyaan, Magenta, Yellow and black. But when I want to change the frequency from 85 to 150 LPI it stays the same. How can I change this. This is so frustrating me.

Before it worked to do it, unfortunately it is now not working anymore I have no idea why.

Please help!

16789023745608260857578203787540.jpg

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send a screen shot - not a photo of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why what does it matter? You see clearly on the picture what I mean. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see what you think is important, but I can't see the other stuff that I think is important. Never mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now home. I will try to make a screenshot tomorrow. Do you think you know what I mean? Is there a possibility to make a video and show it to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ss.png

Please check the screenshot, when I change the lpi to 150 and save it still shows the same 85 after opening te tap again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only set linescreen for a PostScript printer. All other printers will print in generic, via RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I could change to 150 but I don't know how I did it. There should be a way to change. 

Because I need to print a picture with text on it. The text is small, so if I print is not very clear. So the quality is already 1200 dpi, but the text need to be more clearly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You say "before". Before what? Is it a new computer, a new Acrobat, a reinstalled system, a different printer...?

2. What is the exact printer model? The driver is a generic one and does not tell us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to change line screens is dependent on the ability of the SPECIFIC (usually Postscript) printer. From your screen grab, you have a universal printer driver selected, so probably will not accept line screen changes as it doesn't have specific information about your printer's capabilities. Even if you can change the setting in Acrobat it doesn't mean the printer can (or will) do it. For instance, my Xerox PS printer has what's called a Halftone Lock (in its printer driver settings) which ignores any instructions in the print stream to change the line screen, as the printer's own halftone screen is optimized for best results.

Even if your printer is a one that allows overrides, the screens won't change unless you have selected "Emit Halftones" under Postscript Options.

What was your printer driver/system when you were able to do this before?

What is your EXACT printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your message,

The driver system was the same I think, I struggled very hard tried many many things to change the lpi I don't know where I clicked but it changed to 150 and the little letters were sharp printed. And when I opened the page of PDF again I saw the lpi at 85 again and couldn't change it again.

My printer is: Kyocera - Ecosys - M5526CDW - All-In-One colour Laserprinter - 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen grab had you printing via the HP Universal PS Driver... I doubt that is useful for a Kyocera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it matter and if so how to change it so I can change to Kyocera settings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I can change the LPI *

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We told you to install the right printer driver. You said does it matter? Clearly, yes it matters if you want to set the lpi, but don't have a driver that lets you do this. You seem to have shown little interest in getting the right driver, so I have to give up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see I logged in on my pc upstairs there I have HP printer yes. But downstairs I use for Kyocera but it stills shows the same one moment I will sent the screenshot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean you've had us looking at a screen shot of the wrong printer, from the wrong computer? Whoo hoo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_20230425_140419.jpg

 no dear the printer was only different the previous print screen. As you can see here it says Kyocera I still can't change the lpi. I think you also don't know how to change it unfortunately. It's useless this LPI settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if that's the PostScript driver. Please print a test page, with that driver, from the Printers Control Panel and send a readable photo of the printed page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What postscript do you mean, you have an example picture ? And also of the printer control panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a picture of a PostScript printer driver. You need to install it. But we can't check whether you have done this already, until you print a test page. Instructions: https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-uk/000123918/how-to-print-a-test-page-in-windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_20230425_161728.jpg

 please check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Kyocera make this very difficult. I THINK that for this printer driver you need to go to printer properties and under "Page Description Languages (PDL)" choose "KPDL". See pictures:

TestScreenName_0-1682432953287.png

TestScreenName_1-1682433054127.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I've looked at the Kyocera driver, and, although it does have a setting to change Halftone, it only does so to give you the best results for certain print situations. AND only available if you have installed the KPDL driver. The default is "Gradation" which gives you the smoothest blends of grey possible with your machine. The other two settings : "Detail" which will improve rendition of smaller items; and "Line Art". Both of these will compromise the reproduction of gradations and photos, because the finer line screen it is printed in reduces the possible levels of grey.

The reason you are not able to set 150 in Acrobat is because it means nothing to your Kyocera. Even if you could type any number in there, it will be ignored.

In any case, when you say you have small type in a photo... if this type has been rendered into the photo as a rastered bitmap and not vector, your image quality is defined by the resolution of your photo and NOT the output settings of your printer. Even if your photo is 300ppi, any rendered type will be soft and fuzzy; this is all that is physically possible.

If you care to share a sample file, we can suss that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear thank you very much for your reply.

I didn't saw your comment.

-Which KDPL driver I need to download? I see now many (please check attached file)

IMG_20230529_133048.jpg

- where can I share my file which I want to print? Can I share here or can I sent you it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines