• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change 'simulation profile' so it defaults to an rgb setting

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a client opens a pdf I've sent (done in Quark) they see a flatter duller colour representation of the document. I guide them through > print production>output preview>simulation profile> display (or colormatch rgb) and then the pdf views accuratly color wise.

What is needed to get pdfs to automatically open on this setting. I have tried > preferences>colormanagement>. However the pdfs still open up as a CMYK u.s. web coated (swop) v2. 
The pdfs have been saved as an rgb doc (I have checked this)

Any ideas on how to change the color default please?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if the document may have been saved without ICC profiles, so the RGB is not fixed. Or it may have been saved with a monitor profile. Make sure you have embedded your working RGB profile.

Also, do you see a similar effect, or it just this client?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying! I too get the same thing happen with the pdf.
I'm unsure how to embed my RGB profile, or save without ICC profiles. 
I have attached a pic of the options for saving the pdf in Quark if that helps?

Thanks
Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done some Googling, but I can't find info on QuarkXPress. You could try PDF/X-4, but really you might have to ask in a QuarkXPress forum. You could also look at your colour space when making the original images. How are you making them, and what is their ICC profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying on the Google front! I had Quark look into this for me and they found that it wasn't a Quark issue, but an Adobe Acrobat one. ... or that's what they said. I'm not very teck savvy so I'm unsure as to the ICC profile. What. Iwas after was a way for keeping the defualt settings on AA to an RGB one, as it keeps defaulting back to the standard CMYK option. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines