• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change tab order for a group of fields?

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am relatively new in acrobat and my first project is building a from with over 400 fields. In my layout there are multiple groups of fields, which belong together. Now the tab order is all over the place and the automatic order in columns or rows doesn’t work for me.

Is there a better option to sort the tab order then to drag and drop every single field in the list?

I am looking for something like sort the order by rows, but only the selected fields so I can order an other group by columns and the order the group order.

Or just drag and drop multiple fields in the order list or even just tipping in the new order number for each field.

The file is attached if you need it.

Thank you in advance,

Haissem.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

You have to select the fields in the list, yes, and it has to be sorted by Tab Order.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select multiple fields in the Fields List and drag them all together to change their tab order at the same time, but BEWARE, there's a bug that causes the internal order of that group to reverse when you do that...

So if you had:

Text1

Text2

Text3

Text4

Text5

and you selected Text2-Text4 and dragged them above Text1 the order will look like this:

Text2

Text3

Text4

Text1

Text5

which seems correct, but if then save the file, close it and then re-open it you'll see that it's actually this:

Text4

Text3

Text2

Text1

Text5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast answer

That never worked, but I discovered why. You have to select the filds in the tab order list.
Till now I selected the fields per box select in the form. When I do it like this, only one field goes to the new position.
Is that on purpose so, or is that a bug, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to select the fields in the list, yes, and it has to be sorted by Tab Order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines