• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to close a stream created with: stream = util.readFileIntoStream(path of textfile.txt)

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Acrobat Pro batch JavaScript

- includes the following line:  stream = util.readFileIntoStream(path of textfile.txt)

- runs and completes OK

- if I then try to open textfile.txt with TextPad, I get a sharing violation

- I have to close Acrobat Pro to release the file

Question: how do I close the stream from within the batch script? Tried "stream.close()" but got a "not a function" error.

TOPICS
JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This shouldn't be necessary. Are you trying to open the file while the Action is running, though? I'm not sure that's a good idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. No, the Action completes w/o problems before I try to open the text file. Maybe a little more detail may help:

- the text file contains a JSON hiearchy of directories and files that the Action processes

- the Action reads the file with util.readFileIntoStream(), then calls JSON.parse() to initialize the corresponding JS object

After the Action completes, if I try to open the JSON file in TextPad to make a quick manual change, TextPad gives me a sharing violation. I have to close Acrorbat Pro in order to make the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines