Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert colorfull PDF to cyan scale PDF

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,
I have a printer which has a black ink connected to the cyan nozzles (black nozzles are blocked). I therefore need to convert a colour PDF file to black and white scale and then convert it to cyan and white scale. I wonder if Adobe Acrobat has such a function to automate this more quickly. Is it possible to do?

Example:
1. Convert this CMYK PDF (before):

BEFORE - CMYK PDF.jpg2. To this CYAN PDF (after):

AFTER - CYAN PDF.jpg

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can do this with the Preflight tool. The too is convoluted and has a bit of a learning curve.

do a search in the preflight panel for "Map specified process color into spot color" you can map the Process Black plate to a user defined spot colour -- you can give that newly created spot colour a clour value of 100% Cyan. It should translate the different tones to percenteges of Cyan. If the print provider cannot deal with a spot colour, you can convert the new spot colour to process which would be Cyan.

However, I would look for a different print provider, one that has functioning printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will check this.

Btw. it is maybe possible to do with ink manager? Maybe it could be easier.

And my print doesn't has this option. I have Epson L365 and I thought it would be possible to switch it in Windows colour management, but I have no idea how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ink manager dosn't allow you to remap a process colour to another process colour.  but maybe re-map a spot colour to a process would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a research today but I can't find a "Map specified process color into spot color" 😕 I found something similar but it doesn't works.

image.png

Waclaw27_0-1661899553292.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

I did the steps from other thread from adobe community. I found a "Map colors" option and I used it. There are my settings but after execute on the PDF file I opened there are no differences before and after execute 😕

My settings:

dab8e3eb86

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines