Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to copy-paste a button's action

Enthusiast ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have an Interactive PDF exported from InDesign, where most pages have two buttons.

One will show layer 2 and hide layer 3, and the other will hide layer 2 and show layer 3.

After setting this up on the first relevant page I wondered how I could optimise the process of duplicating this action, since all buttons are named the same way. 

From the context menu I noticed that I could duplicate the button on other pages, problem being that LH pages have the buttons on the top left, while RH pages have it on the top right, making this not ideal. 

Is there a way to copy the action and paste it to all equally named buttons, since I gave a name to those buttons in InDesign?

Thank you

TOPICS
How to , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

You can only do it if the action of the field is to execute JS code. Then you could use a script to apply the same action to multiple fields, using the setAction command.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only do it if the action of the field is to execute JS code. Then you could use a script to apply the same action to multiple fields, using the setAction command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OH, good to know, thanks! I'll proceed manually, not too long anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines