• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to create a form that is editable on all computers and cell phones?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a form in acrobat and put formula in some fields, it works perfectly. But I sent it to someone else and they can't fill it out, and the formula field doesn't work. So I tried opening it on my cell phone to see if i can fill it out and its ok but the formula doesn't work either! Can you help me to make the form work on other computers and cell phones?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. Unfortunately the mobile versions of the PDF viewers that are available all are different from the desktop version of Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader as far as support for interative forms and scripting goes. And when I say "different", I mean, they are lagging in features. Even Adobe's own viewer falls into this category. There are some PDF viewers that have more support for those features, but they are not free, and you would still have to design your form specifically for one of these applications. 

The only way you can get the same behavior on desktop and mobile devices is by leaving PDF behind and moving to web technology. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Karl! Im very sad about that, I thought that you would teach me how to creat a XFA, or something like this! But thanks for your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XFA forms are even less global than normal PDF forms...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very sad @try67 but thanks for your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines