• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create PDF directly from Mac Excel with graph line instead of area?

Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I try to export graphs and when saving as PDF from Mac Excel (16.15) on macOS 10.13.6 i get graph line as area(s):

save_as_pdf_from_MacExcel.png

But i need graph line as line (for some additional work in Illustrator later), like this:

pdf_by_drag_and_drop_xls_to_acrobat.png

This nice version with line i created by "drag&drop" XLS file to Acrobat, while "Use Adobe Create PDF cloud service" is enabled (if not, Acrobat will open Excel and export PDF from it, and create areas, not line). Also correct PDF with nice lines can be created directly from Excel on Windows (with Acrobat installed).

use_acrobat_create_pdf_cloud_service.png

I also tried print from Mac Excel (using "Save as Adobe PDF" option in print dialog), but this will crate PDF with areas again, not lines (tried different Adobe PDF Settings with no success). There are no settings in Acrobat Pro DC (2018) for creating pdf from xls.

OK, i can use drag&drop to Acrobat and adobes cloud service, but it will be more practical directly from Excel (like on Windows Excel) - for example, make selections and export only them, instead of converting all big XLS file (with many graphs and their data).

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?