• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to cut and/or paste a selected area

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I use the cursor to drag out a box and it turns blue:  

1)  How do I "cut" the selection?  

2)  I can "copy" the selection (or "copy with formatting") but how do I paste it elsewhere on same doc?

Yes these are the most basic of all possible commands.  No I am not 89 years old.  Yes I am an idiot.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not an idiot, you just don't understand (as many others) that Acrobat is NOT an editor in the same way that Word is, for example. PDF files were never meant to be edited in such an extensive way. You can try and do it using the Edit Text & Images tool, but you should expect a lot of issues in doing so. The real way of doing it is to go back to the original file format used to create the PDF file, edit it and then generate a new PDF file from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Would you mind sharing the exact tool/method used to for text selection? Its quite simple to do in few simple steps-

1- The very important thing to keep in mind is, the document you are working on, does it allow copying the content?

2- Use select tool to select the content you want to copy.

3- Right click and copy

Here is a help article for an older version of Acrobat Reader https://helpx.adobe.com/in/reader/11/using/copy-content-pdfs.html but its steps implies on both Acrobat and Reader DC

Kindly check the workflow and see what was missed.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I have copied a selected area (using the arrowhead to select), then how do I paste it to another page of the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after you've selected and copied and the image is on your clipboard, then open the Edit PDF tool bar and click the Edit icon on the tool bar, then right click on the page and click Paste

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its absurd that it is not simple to copy and paste... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently it cannot be done. I'm glad I only paid for one month to try this out. Acrobat is worthless.

I converted to PowerPoint and it wrecked my alignment. I finally just went back to the author and asked him to make the change. I just spent $15 and 45 mintues to learn Adobe sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct answer. Adobe is trash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be done as long as you have the paid version that includes the create PDF and edit PDF functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The correct answer is as follows. I am using Adobe Acrobat Standard though so hopefully that still helps.

1. Use the select tool to "copy" the selected area you're trying to select. Make sure you see it say, "copying to clipboard at the bottom".

2. Select "Create PDF" from either the right toolbar or under the "tools" section at the top.

3. Select BLANK PAGE. Then select, "Create"

4. Select "Edit PDF" from either the right toolbar or under the "tools" section at the top.

5. Right click where you want the copied area and hit paste or hit Ctrl+P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also add a blank page to your existing document to make space for the paste.

1. Go to the "Organize Pages" tool in the right tool bar or select the "Tools" tab at the top. 

2. Select Insert>Blank Page>Change selection to "Before" or "After", then select Page, and type in the page # that you want the blank page to come before or after. You can also drag the blank page around after you hit okay. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines