• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Disable Cloud Storage

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are we not given a simple fix to Adobe Cloud storage that we can opt in or opt out?  With all the money your company is making with subscription services your company should have the funds to make this easier for the rest of us to do and you forget why you are in business to meet your consumers needs.

I do not want my files stored remotely.  I have my own backups for my work.  I had stopped using Adobe years ago and the only reason I am a subscriber is for my higher-educational purposes only.  So now it is more ardous to delete files that I no longer need after completion of my courses.

It was a sad day when Adobe went to cloud applications from desktop apps. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

In the preferences of Acrobat disable the online storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preferences of Acrobat disable the online storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the option to "disable the online storage" in Adobe Acrobat (2023.001.20093). Could you please provide details regarding your solution? If you are talking about the setting Edit\Preferences\General-"Show online storage when opening files" that doesn't prevent someone from sharing a file and having that file be copied into Adobe cloud storage. If you are talking about the setting Edit\Preferences\Reviewing\"Share for review using Adobe's cloud storage"-I unchecked the box but was still able to share a file and it made a copy and placed it into Adobe cloud storage. If you are referring to the registry change that removes the option to access online storage from within Acrobat, that doesn't prevent someone from sharing a file and having a copy go into Adobe cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I do this will this affect other aspects of CC suite?  Such as disrupting fonts selected?  I just don't want my documents being stored on the cloud. 

Why is there not an "incorrect answer option" icon? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, have spent unneccessary time trying to resolve OTHER issues using CC because my storage is full... I also do not want to store anything in Adobe cloud - I gave it a try last year and it was an awful experience and went back to google drive. I didn't realize it had continued to sync a folder on my desktop until these other CC features stopped working because of storage.

Waiting for an answer for this simple and reasonable request....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling online storage does not work!  It will automatically save any photo opened in Lightroom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>It will automatically save any photo opened in Lightroom

This is an Acrobat forum. There is a solution to this but you should post in the LR forum. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Creamer, need a solution to users sharing files and having a copy of the file being placed into Adobe Acrobat cloud storage please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe all aspects of Cloud storage are optional and dependent on user settings and workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nonsense. I could not find a way to turn off cloud storage. If you know how to do it, please post instructions here.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC hijacks your internet connection for cloud storage and is truly horrible I migrated from the desktop version to the DC version, and rue the day. Great tool, but poorly implemented. Bloated beyond need, and no longer user friendly - it is now in the user hostile category.

There should be an EASY WAY to disable Adobc DC cloud storage. I have all my documents on One Drive which backs up to the cloud automatically. I don't want to have to do it twice, and I want to be able to control what is stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a utility to adjust Acrobat's cloud settings. But since you determined my post was nonsense, perhaps you can tell me what research you have done to warrant that response. 

BTW, none of my documents get uploaded to the DC cloud unless I want them to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Then please tell me the utility to adjust cloud settings. You said "I believe all aspects of Cloud storage are optional and dependent on user settings and workflow." but you did not provide any details of how to do that.

I could not find anything iin the preferences of Acrobat DC. If that exists, please tell me how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look here:

Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That helps (but not obvious!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here...

image.png

Maybe here...

image.png

And check this out:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Wizard/index.html

It's amazing what a little nonsense will do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but

- I never share files

- "The Wizard streamlines the task of configuring (customizing) the installer prior to organization-wide deployment". I am a single user, am not doing organization wide deployment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, my initial post was to someone else, not you. You responded with "nonsense" for some reason without having all the information.

Two people posted information about turning off Acrobat's online services. I know nothing of your work environment, so I posted whatever info I knew of. That doesn't invalidate my initial post. 

I've never have Acrobat or another other Adobe program save to the cloud unless I wanted it to. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Creamer, thank you for sharing this information. I'm setting up Adobe DC, and use iCloud for documents. I start from a default premis of if I don't use, make sure it's not avilable without effort! Saved me many times during late night work sessions, removing potential for "Oops" is my motto. Now if only I could edit a preference to look in my iCloud storage space by default, its all set. Adobe DC, good product and tough to configure for everyone, hence the "preferences" eh? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything above. But the button to send to cloud storage is still there and still sends documents to the cloud if I accidently press it. This has caused me grief before. Is there a simple way to completely disable adobe cloud so it is not possible to send documents there, accidently or intentionally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out this morning.  Go to Edit/Preferences/General and then uncheck "Show online storage when opening files and show online storage when saving files."  Then click OK, close the app and then reopen it.  It worked like a charm.  Hopefully, it will work for everyone else with the same issue!

Lou ♫

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear David,

How to disable adobe cloud storage in Android phones as all the form is for PC.

Your help is really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you provided is the OPPOSITE of helpful.

It's gibberish.  And it applies only to Windows Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Windows enterprise installation to be precise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please share steps how to get to these screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting a solution.  That said wtf ADOBE?  Why wouldn't this be under "Adobe Online Services"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines