• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to display a menu on the bottom of a PDF page

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how to display a menu on the bottom of a page.

I sometime see the tool menu on PDF file used at study presentation.  That tool can make forward and back the pages.https://www.gpif.go.jp/investment/presentation_20210327.pdf 

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tsuyoshi Katori

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you want to to know how to display a menu on the bottom of a page as displayed in the attached PDF file.

I have checked the PDF file that you have attached and found that it is created using a non Adobe application - LaTex with Beamer class version 3.13 having those options/functionality added at the bottom of the PDF

You may go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Full Screen > Under 'Full Screen Navigation' select 'Show navigation Bar' > Click OK
You can also move the paged forward or backwards using the arrow keys on the keyboard.

Untitled.png

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal, 

How can I show the page number navigation at the bottom of the page? All it shows is paper size. Who cares about paper size? I want to know what page I am and be able to type in the page number I want. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the correct suggestions by try67 and Bernd Alheit

For more information about creating links please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/links-attachments-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal. But I'm asking about PAGE NAVIGATION controls. How do I change the user interface to show the page numbers in the navigation n the bottom of the display. It's incredibly inconvenient that I can't see what page I'm on in the navigation controls. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well. Would you mind sharing a small video recording or a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing for a better understanding?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doug, I hope it's clear that the file you posted WAS MADE WITH EXTRA NAVIGATION BUTTONS.

But Acrobat Reader DC already has the page number in the navigation, and next and previous page buttons, But they are at the top of the display, not the bottom.

TestScreenName_1-1648812341953.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly, it's incoveniently located on the top of the page. When you read a document, your eyes stop at the bottom of the screen. So logically I would want those controls at the bottom. Why can't I move that to the bottom? I recall previous version of the software had controls at the bottom. Why the downgrade Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "menu" in this file is nothing more than some graphic elements (the icons you see) and transparent links on top of them that take you to various places in the file when clicked. You can easily do that in Acrobat, using either links (if your file already has those graphic elements in it) or buttons (if it doesn't, and then you can apply them as the icon of the buttons fields).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the document there are links with actions.

You can create links like this with Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines