• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to draw a straight line in Adobe Acrobat?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all other programs, the Shift key is used. How is this accomplished in Adobe Acrobat?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Tools | Comment | Drawing Tools (next to the paperclip 'attach files' icon).  Draw your line as you hold down your Shift key.  You can change the colour and thickness etc by viewing the Properties of the line (right click it, select Properties from the resulting short cut menu).

The Pencil icon (draw free form) is used for non straight lines.  

PS I know this is an old request but I suspected others may be lookinghere for a solution 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Attempting to clear up this discussion...

First, what is described above uses a markup and commenting tool to draw a faux line.  It's not a piece of real content in the PDF, but instead is a comment tool similar to a sticky note or highlighter. And yes, you have the optional comment box, and the "line" comment will appear in the list of comments when that panel is expanded.

The faux comment line may or may not be visible to the end user (depends upon the PDF software that's used to view the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method only offer one sized line. There's no way to adjust it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macintosh: I found I could not change pencil colour until AFTER I had drawn a line. THEN I could right-click the line and select 'Properties'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Print to paper

2.  Use a ruler and a pen to draw your line

3.  Put paper in scanner, save scan as a .pdf

4.  Done!  Welcome to the twentieth century.  (God, I hate Acrobat DC.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines