• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to duplicate links / buttons in Acrobat DC if they are required to be placed across all the pages of the document and on the exact same location?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Older versions of Acrobat had something called as Advanced Editing Toolbar which had a Selection tool. This tool, when selected and right-clicked over a link or a button on a page, showed a contextual menu with the option to duplicate that link across all pages and at the exact same location. I can't find this option anywhere in the DC version. Does anyone has any idea if that option's been killed now?

For reference and exact purpose, you can watch this short YouTube video of just 1 minute and 39 seconds: Duplicate buttons in Acrobat.mov - YouTube

Regards,

Saurabh

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still available through right-click in Acrobat Pro DC, you'll need to jump into form editing mode.

1. Choose View > Tools > Prepare Form > Open
  2. Click the button to select it, then right-click and select Duplicate Across Pages
    duplicate-across-pages.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Cari... Looks like I need to upgrade to the PRO version then. Thought it was available in STANDARD version too.

Will try that and return my feedback.

Thanks for your time.

- Saurabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I am using Acrobat PRO DC, but the contextual menu that I am getting on right-clicking the button is very different from what you have shown, Cari. And yes, "Form Editing" is turned ON.

Any advice on what I might be doing wrong?

- Saurabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not a button field. It's a Link object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines