• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to easily transfer some Adobe DC Acrobat files to another provider's software

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat DC pdf files.  Is there an easy way to transfer some of them to another .pdf software directly from the Acrobat file manager without needing to locate each file in Windows File Manager?  Thanks for suggestions...other than keep them where they are 🙂

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by the Acrobat file manager. It doesn't have one, does it? Just a list of recent files? Or are the files on Document Cloud, not your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.  I don't want to look through all my files in Windows File Manager to find ones that were saved by Acrobat DC's .pdf software that I now want moved.  I looked at options on my Acrobat screen and didn't see an option that would allow me to select all the files with a check mark that I would like to move.  Is there a right click in Adobe that would allow me to choose which applicaton I want to open that file in the future?  I didn't see one.  In Windows file manager I could search for all .pdf files, go through all that I have (zillions), right-click on each file, and choose the software that is to open these docs in the future.  I am hoping for a faster option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat isn't a file manager. It just shows recently opened files, so you can open them again - Word does exactly the same thing.  In any case, you can't choose (either with Windows file manager or anything else) to open some PDF files with one app, and some PDF files with another app. You can change so ALL PDF files are opened by the same app if you double click. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see.  I would have to change all of the .pdf files to the new software.  Thanks for your clarification...and patience...and quick responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines