• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to enable/disable open multiple PDF in one window?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I wants to disable Acrobat pro DC open multiple PDF in one windows. I tried find it form options but not successful. do you know how to do this?

Edwin

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

bild9.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that you use the classic track of Acrobat DC. For the continuous track the version 2015.009.20069 is available:

Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopw can I get continous track to use your update? The update and also the previous update doesnt wotk with classic track version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to "Test Screen Name" information. the classic version is different with the continous and do not have "tab" function,  I cannot upgrade this patch with my trail English version too(same error as yours).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't mix this two different versions.

Document Cloud Product Tracks — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I haven't figured out is whether the Classic track can get the 2015.009 level functions somehow, or whether purchasers are forever locked with the original product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't way to add tabs to the Classic version (unless or until Adobe decide to).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg, I register this forum only to answer this question since i was annoyed from this problem

That is answer Screenshot_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it doesn't show the same interface as you are seeing. For me in Documents, the "Show each document in its own window" doesn't exist. I wish it did! I really want to stop auto opening all PDFs in the same window. Very annoying to not be able to adjust this setting.

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 2.12.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the menu, there's an option to go back to original adobe.  Select that and you'll be good to go with your old preferences.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

go to  menu > disable new acrobat reader
then restart the app
now press ctrl+k
go to general > uncheck the box "open documents as new tabs in the same window"
again restart the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines