• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable scrolling by default

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to enable scrolling by default. I'm using Acrobat DC. Every time, when I open document I chose in view -> Page Display -> Enable scrolling. It works, untill I close Acrobat. When I open acrobat next time, in order to be able to scroll I should do this set up again. How to make this setup stick?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2016 Sep 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup my wife's been complain for awhile and even though I looked around on the net it took me 4ever to find the answer for adobe DC. The main 2 things to remember are enable scrolling and the little icon with the two split pages which is in all the versions of adobe reader etc. The best explanation I found so far is in the following and you can see the icon I'm talking about.

http://www.nikola-breznjak.com/blog/quick-tips/enable-continuous-scrolling-by-default-in-adobe-reade...

Cheers Ace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank yoooooooou!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - you seriously upgraded my work and Adobe should have this option in a more intuitive sction (like under page display).

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you got it - something more intuitive. Maybe put that under the Page Display or General Categories page - one of them....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!!  So, I wasn't the only one frustrated by this simple setting.  It always seems that developers overlook the simple things in applications.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, not the only one.  And we can bet there are a LOT more folks who would love to know about that setting....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot...mr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME...!!!!! 

After all these years, all this time - so many of us (tip of the iceberg) wanted this feature AND IT WAS THIS EASY....!!!!  sheesh....

SOOOO many options to go through and tinker with.  And this initial posting is 6 years old.  Guess I did not do enough research or want it bad enough - I just always enabled single page scrolling.

ACCESSIBILITY option... wow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh, thank you so much. I am annoyed that Adobe makes it this hard! Why is it set up to NOT enable scrolling to begin with? A digital file is something you're going to want to scroll, unlike a book where you go page by page, since in a digital file when the page "flips" you may not have seen the entire page on your screen yet.

This seems like SUCH a no-brainer for Adobe, and even if it's not set up that way by default, the option to do it should be under Page Display (where I'd already checked, under Default Layout and Zoom, the "Single Page Continuous" option -- why let us check that if it doesn't do anything??). To have to go into Accessability, which most people associate with vision and hearing issues, is pretty ridiculous, Adobe.

Anyway... /rant. 🙂 Thank you for saving me so much time from now on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7 years later and this is still one of the best comments to find on Adobe's community!
Why does the default setting in Page Display Preference not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Page Display" preference is *only* applicable to the currently open document. The "Accessibility" option is the global setting for Acrobat to universally apply the scroll function to *any* document that Adobe opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, this has been one of those things that degraded my Adobe experience for years. I guess my Google-fu was not good enough until this very morning when I found your post. I feel like my search skills have graduated to purple belt - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked EVERYWHERE for this.  Why it's under "accessibility" is beyond me.  You've saved my nerves!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SO MUCH!!! This has been antagonizing me for a very long time and your guidance resolved my frustrations. Excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, it is easy.

I was just going to uninstall acrobat reader and find different pdf reader just because of this continuous embarasement.  I can not understand there are some stupid morons in adobe developer team who think pdf docs do not need scrolling by default. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2024 Feb 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks the trick worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Here's how to fix it on mac.

Preferences>Accessebility>Always use Page Layout Style>Single Page Continuous 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jasurjon5E15: I have a PC and this worked for me as well. Man, Thank You very much! This was driving me crazy for too long. I owe you a beer! Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, this was bothering me sooo long! Thanks a loooot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines