• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to extract and export Images from PDF??

Enthusiast ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to extract only images and export them to JPG (from a PDF document). I am not trying to save PDF pages as images.

In 2023, this seems to have become an impossible task. I actually need to ask for help in the forum, just to export images. Is this a bad joke? I have over 30 years of computer science experience and am struggle to export images from DC? Is it just me???

I have searched past forum entries, but they all seem to relate to menu items I don't even see in the UI any longer. DC has been changed so many times, it has become very difficult to use.

I finally figured out how to deactivate the "new" Adobe DC UI (which I found to be a terrifying experience). But after the switch, I still can't find that command?!?

If I remember correctly, there used to be a feature "Extract images". Has Adobe removed that? If so why?

Does anyone know why Adobe keeps changing things around? Is it company policy to confuse people? At Microsoft the basic commands have stayed the same in the UI since a decade. That's what I call consistency. In Adobe apps, everything changes constantly.  

Anyway, any help appreciated (how to export / extract images only). 
Thanks.

PS: If Adobe would at least update their help pages / manuals. Most of the entries pertain to versions that arent in use any longer or refer to commands that I don't see in my apps. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Extract images is an option under the Export tool. Don't expect to find features under menus though, most tools are no longer in a menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Use Export PDF:

Bild9.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Yep - this eight step solution worked for me by following the steps. This is correct if you want to export/extract the individual images that are embedded in a PDF file. I exported these nine JPG images indiviually from one single PDF page. See screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading this thread in July 2024 as I've also trying to extract individual images (as in "illustrations" and/or photos) from a PDF on Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac. I followed everyone's instructions and I could not make it work. I believe the reason why is in the small text in a help page previously shared by Amal: 

Note:

You can export raster images, but not vector objects.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/exporting-pdfs-file-formats.html

This makes all the difference. When I tried to export vector images all I got was an export of whole individual pages as PDF. When I tested the same with a different file, with photos (raster images) they all got exported as separate individual JPG files.

Unfortunately, my file only has vector images... Hope this helps clear up some confusion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the PDf in photoshop.

In Import PDF settings, select images not pages. 

Select all images.

Make a script that saves and closes in the folder you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines