• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get signatures on a document located on a shared drive (without emailing/requesting)?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have recently downloaded Adobe Acrobat Pro in order to shift our companies pdfs into fillable pdfs (sustainability strategy). Some of the documents require signatures so I am wanting to know if there is a way to allow an employee to open the docuemnt and add a signature without "sending and requesting a signature" through email, this way they will be able to use the ofrm and sign it ineneedntly from me?

I tried adding a 'siganture block' however this appears to just add text, very similar if not the same as someone simply typing a name into a name box?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Tayla 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Hi Tayla!,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you require that user can open the form directly from the shared drive and add signature in the signature field, you may add the Digital signature field in the PDF form.

In Acrobat, go to Tools > Prepare Form. Then add the digital signature field in the PDF. For more information, please refer to the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/create-form.html.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thanks,

Me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

** this way they will be able to use the FORM and sign it INDEPENDENTLY from me? -- sorry about the typos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a Acrobat form and add a signature field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tayla!,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you require that user can open the form directly from the shared drive and add signature in the signature field, you may add the Digital signature field in the PDF form.

In Acrobat, go to Tools > Prepare Form. Then add the digital signature field in the PDF. For more information, please refer to the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/create-form.html.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, the digital signatures box was not an option so I looked into why. I needed to click 'More' and revert the form back to Adobe Form and the option magically appeared. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome!

Let us know if wecna be of any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines