• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to globally increase font size

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to format a book to be more accessible for my students by increasing the font size. The only way I can do it is by individually changing each block of text, which sounds very time-consuming. But I'm all thumbs when it comes to computer stuff, any advice?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the kind of edit that should be attempted on a PDF file, it was not built for it. This change needs to be implemented in the original file, and then a new PDF file should be created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly, you have a pdf book and you want to print it with larger type? I assume you want to print, as a pdf can be viewed at any magnification (you can set the initial view magnification under File> Properties). Changing the font size should be done in the original application (as already mentioned) and will likely cause text re-flow and the need to add additional pages, unless the size change is minor. 

Another option would be to print larger, or scale the page content using a preflight profile, but that would only work if there are ample margins around the copy.

scale page content.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not quite, i'm trying to make the font bigger, as you would on a google document, like pressing ctrl+a and simply increasing the font that way, but there are different bodies of text for each page, so I was trying to find out how to increase the font size globally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines