• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to go to the next page, but at the same location.

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime, I change my page. My magnification box/zoom changes to the top left of the document. Sometimes I want to compare details on different pages. I don't wish to keep panning around after going to the next page. How to set up adobe acrobat to remember my position when I go to the next or previous page?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should add the "Previous View" and the "Next View" buttons in your toolbar.

Capture_563.png

Otherwise you can find them in the "View" menu, or you can use the keyboard shortcuts.

Capture_565.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did quite a few tests and I think you are right, there is just no way to keep focus on the same area of the page while advancing to the next page. It always brings you top-left when advancing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JR Boulay Hello, thanks for your answer. Sorry for the late response. But I don't think it solves my concern.

I wish to move through different pages but without changing the view. If that makes sense. By default, acrobate will orient me to the top left of the page everytime I change the page if I was zoomed in. All I want is to keep the view box at the same place as I move through different pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated by other contributors, this is just the normal behavior of Adobe Acrobat. There are two things that might work for you. 1.) Create a bookmark for each page and set the location of the bookmark view to the area you want to zoom in on. Then navigate the pages using bookmarks. 2.) Use View > Zoom > Pan & Zoom. This allows you to navigate from page to page and quickly direct focus to the area you want to zoom in on very quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this would be a very useful feature - particularly when reviewing building drawings and comparing floor plans.  For instance, you might want to zoom in on a particular area of the floor plan and then flip through following pages to see how things change from floor to floor.  Maybe Adobe could consider adding this feature - it doesn't seem like it would be big deal to implement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dpcoon wrote:

Maybe Adobe could consider adding this feature - it doesn't seem like it would be big deal to implement.

Feature requests need to be made here where the product developers will see them:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it - thanks.  I'll repost it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines