• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to group fields when creating a fillable PDF?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a form in word that contains 3 check boxes in a row in sebsequent columns.  When I convert it to PDF, select Tools, select Create (from exisitng document, current document) it auto populates the fields it can recognize.  Luckily it recognizes the check boxes that I already have.  The problem is that the form recognizes one of the rows of check boxes as a group of check boxes but a different row of check boxes are not grouped together.  The grouped check boxes make it so that only one check box can be selected at a time.  The ungrouped check boxes gives the user the ability to chek multiple of the boxes.  When I am looking at the fields pain on the right hand side I can see the difference between the grouped check boxes and the check boxes without a group.  I want to know how to group specific fields together manually when converting it from word to PDF didn't automatically group them together.

Thank you,

AaronHow to group fields.png 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exclusionairy groups in Acrobat are created by giving the check boxs/radio buttons in the group the same name but heving each widgit export a different value.

The form wizard is not very bright, so we have to do edit several items on a form created with the wizard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the quick reply.  I don't mind doing several edits to items after the wizard picked up 98% of the information correctly.  Can you walk me through how to make those edits?

I was thinking it would have been as simple as selecting the 3 Fields, right clicking, and choosing an option of "group together" or something like that. 

Thank you,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To group the fields use the same name and different export values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines