Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to have acrobat Pro faster

Enthusiast ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If I compare Acrobat Pro to Sumatra PDF (to open PDF), I notice Acrobat Pro is very slow to open PDF.

How to set Acrobat Pro preferences in order to be faster to open PDF ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pierret,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

How long doesn't it take to open/display a pdf file, that's also dependent on the type of file you are working in and the content it has. When you say that the performance of Acrobat Pro is very slow does it mean that it takes a lot of time to open every PDF file or is it a specific one?

You may check the following setting to see if that makes the performance better:

1- Open Acrobat>help>check for updates and see if there's any pending update.

2- Reset Acrobat preferences https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... 

3- For testing: Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat and try opening files now.

Note: these changes are only for testing purpose. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AkanchhaS 

Please see that screenshot : 

acrobat.jpg

About the blue icon (red arrow) : it is the icon saying me I am connected to my adobe account.

Each time I open a PDF I am obliged to wait until this icon becomes blue in order to use the PDF completely. 

So each time I open a PDF it takes time to connect to my account.

How to set Acrobat Pro in order to be all the time connected to my adobe account, in order to be faster at the opening of the PDF ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not enough one time logging Since CC release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines