• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to hide file path in .pdf created from .ppt

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted my MS PowrPoint file to .pdf.  However in the Properties section, I noticed that under 'Location', it shows the file path.  For example: C:\Users\MyName\Desktop

I don't want my file path shown since it includes my name.  How can I hide the file path? 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Not possible, but also not necessary. However, when you send the file to someone else your name won't show up in it any longer. It just shows the path where the file is saved on the local computer. You can see it by moving the file to another folder. The "Location" value will change accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible, but also not necessary. However, when you send the file to someone else your name won't show up in it any longer. It just shows the path where the file is saved on the local computer. You can see it by moving the file to another folder. The "Location" value will change accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Since the filepath automatically shows the Users\MyName, and since I'm unable to rename the MyName folder, my actual name will appear in the filepath. 

Luckily I've figured out a workaround.  I move the file into the C:\Users\   folder and not the C:\Users\MyName\  folder 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this information is not a part of the file. If you send it to someone else they will see something completely different there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's unfortunately not true. Adope please fix this Error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you created the PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. it Won't be hidden for other users on other machines and the problem continued till now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot which shows what the others see on their computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats unfortunately true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PFAD.png

here u go mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a different (but similar seeming) problem. The original question was about "Location" shown after making a file in PowerPoint. What you show is a real issue, but I don't think PowerPoint is involved. What is? In other words, exactly how did you make this file, in what app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem.     But, then I happened upon a solution that has worked consistently and without many steps.     I select a PowerPoint file from my explorer.   Right mouse click.    Select "Convert to Adobe" and then I allow it to run the conversion process and the newly created Adobe file has the File Name I determined in the "tab" of the Adobe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines