• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to highlight text, not area ?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has something change in PDF documents or in Adobe Pro, obviously Adope Acrobat Pro  does not recognize letters...just areas when trying to highlight or underline text in documents ?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

That means your file doesn't contain actual text, just an image with text in it. You'll need to run Text Recognition on it first to be able to highlight individual words.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means your file doesn't contain actual text, just an image with text in it. You'll need to run Text Recognition on it first to be able to highlight individual words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have tried test recognition and it's still not working, I just get these random shapes??

+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. In the past, if the text was not recognized, the cursor would turn into a little circle and I could still add highlights. I use this tool a lot, and now it is almost useless -- almost all attempts to highlights result in a giant blob. This started maybe a few weeks ago, and here I am searching the help -- to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines