• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Include completed PDF form as an Attachment in the Email

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've programmed the submit button with the correct email Address as a new email message gets created with the correct recipient address. The completed PDF form does not get added as an attachment to this email.

Several updates ago, this was a simple and flawless proccess. Perhaps someone can PLEASE help.

thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You said that you programmed a submit button in your PDF? If you are using a script please share the script, and if you are not using a script please describe which method are you employing that used to work before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply entered (programmed) in my email address.

Years ago when I was exploring this process, what I have done in the attached screenshots work well before.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh! gotcha.

So what I noticed in the screenshots is that something might've reverted to the default preferences.

The way you have it configured now has the file attachment sent as an FDF.

See the sections that are marked in that dialog window:

• Export Format Include: "FDF Include"
  • Field Selection => "All fields"

Tick the radio button "PDF The complete document" so it sends the entire document as a PDF attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks ,

but Still no luck.

Is it a Mac thing?

Gmail opens as a new message with no recipient added and no attachment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be, I just notice in the Release Notes that Adobe did push an optional update to fix functionality issues on Microsoft Windows only.

macOS still using the last update from January 2023.

But just to be certain,can you confirm if this is happening with every PDF? 

Try creating a new blank form for testing purposes.

The behavior you are describing didn't happen on my Windows 10 (64-bit), using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (32-bit) with the same Janauary version update that you have.

Now, since you've also emphasized about your OS, do think the problem may disappear if force an upgrade to the OS?

Or,

How about using  Time Machine to revert back to an instance of your macOS in which Acrobat was known to be working OK?

In any case, since the problem seems to be more related to the inability of the program to actually attached the desired document, check in the "Edit" => "Preferences" which Internet, JavaScript or sanboxing Security(Enhanced) feature(s) need to be enabled/disabled.

Sometimes updates (both to the OS or Acrobat) can cause programs to revert back to their default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very much afraid to update my macOS.

Aside from this PDF thing, it is quite stable, all of my Adobe Products are working.

This was a very plain PDF that has failed. 

I will try my windows machine later this weekend.

My trust and confidence in the macOS has been waning steadily over the years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've repeated this text on the windows machine, I get the same results, failure.

I've entered an email address into the submit button.

The completed PDF form does not get added as an attachment to this new email.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps, my dear oracle, you can create a functional PDF, send it to me, I will edit it with my email address.

Please & THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I download it, filled it in, clicked submit and the results were the same as with my PDFs.

The submit button brought up Chrome, opened up Gmail within a new tab, created a new message without a recipient address or an atachment.

I've attached my test file to see if your system is able to correctly opperate my submit button.

The reason i have it on the bottom of page 2 was to see if both pages would be attached or just the 2nd page with the fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the issue is with Chrome. Try using a local email application, instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did my form work for you?

I recieved your link, Re: [Acrobat] How to Include completed PDF form as an Attachment in the Email

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it worked fine using Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(and Gmail via Firefox, FYI)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++Adding to the discussion,

Check in Edit => Preferences that forms are not blocked from Internet access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines