• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to INSERT - not over type?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I INSERT text into a pdf so that all text after the insertion point moves over and down just as it would in any word processor?

I do not mean inside a text box. That doesn't move all the other text boxes and images on the page. I mean add a new text box so that everything on the page moves to accommodate the new text box. This is a very basic task in any word processor and is the opposite of overtype mode.

I cannot find anything in the user manual, here in this forum, or with a Google search. I've got to be missing something...

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat is not a  word processor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you use the Edit tool, Acrobat divides pages into various elements. It tries to recognize paragraphs. If your text is lucky enough to be recognized as a paragraph, and gets designated as such in Acrobat, then when you type, the text within that box will reflow. It will not affect any of the other text boxes, nor any of the graphics. If it works, consider yourself lucky. If not, we'll... that normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines